Thursday, March 19, 2009

Top 5 Books

today, i asked my discipler the question of what were his top five books. he gave me a few, but told me he would work on it. my seriously joking side told him, "it should be a blog topic." he readily agreed. after that, i knew that i must also contribute to this topic. thus, here are my favorite five. i will say this as a disclaimer: all of these books deserve healthy conversation and thinking of the concepts and none of them are without flaw. 

Genre of Spiritual/Philosophical Literature
1. Understanding People by Larry Crabb
2. Out of the Question...Into the Mystery by Leonard Sweet
3. I & Thou by Martin Buber//God & Man by H.H. Farmer
4. In the Name of Jesus by Henri Nouwen
5. Proper Confidence: Faith, Doubt & Certainty in Christian Discipleship by Lesslie Newbigin

Genre of Fiction
1. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
2. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
3. The Lion, The Witch, & The Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
4. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
5. The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare

Way too many others to mention. But this is a start.

- peaks out. 

my disciplers top two were: 

1. The New Reformation by Greg Ogden
2. Generation to Generation by Edwin Friedman


No comments: