Thursday, January 24, 2008

hurt.

everyone has been hurt at one point or another. but more than you being hurt, you have hurt others. 

i have definitely been hurt by many people in my life. ridicule, sarcasm, condescension, you name it i have experienced it. and you know, it is not cool or fair, however, it is something you cannot control. it is in the hands of the other person. 

however, the challenge i am finding myself reticent to partake is concerning my hurting others. i have realized more an more that i am a jagged person and that i often rub people the wrong way and say or do the wrong thing. this kind of hurting others is probably just a mechanism to protect oneself from getting hurt. and in this process of protection you hurt people. i hurt people probably on a regular basis. i am sorry. it is probably my least favorite thing about myself. i say harsh things or i treat people poorly. well, i realized that i need to change and i thank my amazing best friends for helping me get work on those things. 

i am going to embrace the hurt i have caused and have experienced. and then watch healing come from hurt. i encourage you to do the same. 

- peaks out

No comments: