Monday, January 14, 2008

pursued by God.

do you ever feel like running? 

unfortunately, God is going to run after you like whoa. i am definitely a person who knows this well. i think we often might believe that we can escape or get away from what God has for our lives. however, we can't. he's everywhere. i heard recently from a friend: "there are no heathen, only prodigals." that's is a statement to ponder. 

anyways, i am writing this because i experienced it tonight. i called up my best friend to tell him how much i have been struggling in my life with all sorts of things. however, when he picked up i chose not to tell him (a bad move by the way). i knew God had me call him to talk to him, and practice honesty. however, i failed to obey God and hung up. then in my boredom i got on AIM. i started talking to my friend's wife just saying hello and it ended up being him instead of her. he somehow knew i was okay (this would be God's humor). anyways, as he talked to me on AIM, he told me that he really wanted to pray with me. so after i sorta spilled what was going on in my life to him, he was encouraging me to come over and pray with him. so i did. i drove over to his house and he basically told me a whole lot about what God has been trying to say to me that i haven't been listening. we talked and then prayed for like 3 hours. God did some seriously awesome stuff in my life. it was awesome. i found some serious deliverance from lies of the enemy. 

all that to say. God will find you. today, tomorrow, next week, etc. he's crazy about you.

-peaks out. 

No comments: