Thursday, January 10, 2008

"Second Star to the Right and Straight on Til Morning."

if you are not familiar with that quote, it is from J.M. Barrie's work Peter Pan, which describes where Neverland is. 

i think that i often believe that Neverland exists. however, it is not the place where pirates and indians war against each other or where crocodiles digest time pieces. it is that place where you are sitting in your room and everything is unbelievably quiet because all the house is sleeping, you are awake and enjoying the silent bliss. i have come to treasure that place, it is where thoughts become more vivid, either due to wandering minds or maybe the stars alignment and the moon's illumination. i don't know, but i am learning to love it more. i have often had many amazing conversations in this time and although most of them end up being rather gut wrenchingly honest and sometimes fanciful, they are real and so are the people that are involved. i love that. less inhibitions and more honesty. 

more often than naught i disdain this time for fear that it might unleash some dreadful beast from within or perhaps it will reveal some in-discrepancies in my character or something of that nature. but i am noting that in that place of Neverland, you find yourself accepting others more readily, being more understanding with them. i find this is true even for myself. in Neverland, i can be okay with being creative or loving artistic things without fear of rejection. artsy things often have such a negative connotation with them. however, i am learning that Neverland should be all the time. therefore, i have challenged myself to make Neverland a reality to me and all who i come in contact with.

Neverland is invited into my world so that I can experience all things in their fullness whenever i chose. this is where my spiritual life is allowed to full of doubts and failures, my relational life can be accessible to all, my intellect will be expansive and unyielding, my emotions can be unhampered, and my volition will choose the right thing every time. I hope you come to Neverland, I am sure it would behoove you as much as it did for me. 

peaks out.

No comments: