Monday, February 4, 2008

high school.

so strange to think about high school. good old PCS. so long since i have been there. 

here i am 2 degrees away from high school and hoping to not remember it for it was crazy ridiculous and this weekend i not only participated in a conversation about high school, but i heard others discuss it as well. 

what is it about high school that we love to talk about? for me, i think it is that i love to recall how different i was then. comparing and contrasting the high school me with graduate school me. i see how naive i was in high school, how small my life was, how insignificant issues where, the list goes on. but the cool thing about it is this. we all went through that time in life, so we can all thank high school for getting us here. 

i know that i would not have done nearly as well in college as i did due to Mrs. Buck and Mrs. Karavias. They were my English and Chem/Physics/Precal/Calculus teachers. they instilled so much into my life allowing me to increase my scores, escape gen. ed. requirements, and know myself and where i was going into college. so i think of them often and applaud their wonderful impact on my life. 

i know that high school conversation brings back memories that are hard and painful as well. there were breakups, lost friends, detentions and punishment, proms, and gym class. these things did not nothing except prepare me for the world to come. it is okay to remember the hurt, it has only made you stronger. 

so i raise my glass to high school: the good, the bad, the ugly, and the mad, and i thank God that i don't have to live through that again. all the while celebrating where it has brought me. here. hear-hear. 

- peaks out. 

No comments: