Monday, February 4, 2008

home.

so this weekend i went back to my old home. 

i traversed from my present place of residence and reentered the world of college again. let me first say it was bliss. i love the people, the little of a town it is, the scenery, and the local variety. i don't know what it is, but i enjoy it. but while i was there i was talking to people about how i still don't feel that my current home is really home. i mean it is, but it isn't simultaneously. 

however, my college world can't be home either, because i am not there. right? so i began to ask myself where home really is. Of course the banal axioms came to my such as "home is where your heart is" or other ridiculous things like that. I rolled my eyes at the thought of those sayings. then i think i thought i would try to come up with my own witty saying about home.

i quickly recoiled from that inclination thinking that my saying would also become trite upon eternal usage (even though i am the only one who would probably utilize it). i threw caution to the wind and decided to write it down anyways. it might sound lame or corny, but i think i really am believing today. i believe it because i know it to be true in my life and experience and plus it seems to propagate my Buberian philosophical perspective of I-Thou. 

Therefore, home is where you are. Not me, but you. It doesn't matter where I am, but it does matter where you are. Home is where people are. Especially the people you love and feel the most at home with. They each hold a bit of your home in their life. You might see, feel, experience, think about it depending on their actions, conversations, embraces, etc. You just know that when you are with them, you are home. 

i am going to spend time with some people and welcome myself home. hope you enjoy the same. 

- peaks out. 

No comments: