Wednesday, February 6, 2008

ode to a friend.

well i had a friend call me tonight and it pretty much encouraged me so much, that i had to document it. 

i was talking to my friend as i was on my way to a toga party. he said he was about to get going to a service called "the gathering." they share the Lord's supper and have awesome worship. well he told me on sunday that he wrote on a prayer card at church that he wanted God to rescue him. just to save him from his mediocrity in so many words. he also told me that he was hoping that maybe someday a person would meet him and know that it was him that they had been praying for (he had his name on the card). and that he would be really encouraged by God using that simple card.  well he went to this "gathering" and this guy was sharing about how he had been praying through some of those cards. lo and behold, he began to tell the whole group of people about my friend's card and how it genuinely touched him. as my friend heard this speaker talk about his simple but awesome request, he said that he was straight up in tears. how could he not be. God had heard his prayer that someone would care when they read that request and it turned out that God cared and so did this speaker. my friend told me that it was like God was speaking to him saying, "I love you despite everything." how awesome is it that a little prayer card could totally rock my friend's life. as i sit here thinking about him and the work God is doing in him. i am in tears of joy, so that prayer card rocked my life too. my buddy told me about a video him and i watched a few days ago that talked about the power of a prayer. i hope it encourages you as it encouraged us. friend, i love you. thank you for being an awesome mouthpiece to God's work in the earth. 

- peaks out

check out this link for the power of a prayer: 

No comments: